Energy Project Siting
McLane is a leading New England law firm in matters pertaining to the siting of energy facilities and infrastructure, including assisting clients at proceedings before the New Hampshire Site Evaluation Committee (SEC), as well as local permitting and land use approvals for smaller projects.
A sample of representative projects includes:
- All siting and permitting work before the SEC regarding the redevelopment of a former paper mill site in Berlin, N.H. into a new 75 megawatt biomass power plant.
- Work on the siting and permitting before the SEC associated with a new 720 megawatt gas-fired, cogeneration power plant in Londonderry, N.H.
- Handling a proceeding for a major electric utility to oppose a group of entities seeking to have the SEC assert jurisdiction over the addition of a flue gas desulfurization system at a coal-fired power plant.
- Work on the siting and permitting of a new high voltage transmission line extending from the Canadian border to south-central New Hampshire.
- All siting and permitting work before the SEC in connection with the expansion of a 17-mile gas transmission lateral pipeline form Dracut, Mass., to Manchester, N.H.
- Transfer of an SEC certificate due to a change in ownership of the 520 megawatt gas-fired, cogeneration power plant in Newington, N.H.
- Obtaining an exemption from the SEC process regarding the creation of additional capacity at a propane storage facility
- Representing a municipality in connection with the proposed alteration of a 16 megawatt wood-fired power plant that sought authority to combust construction and demolition debris.