McLane's patent law practice covers a wide variety of disciplines, including chemical, mechanical and electrical arts, software, computer science, e-commerce and business methods. We provide sophisticated patent services to clients in many industries, such as electronics, manufacturing, optics, wireless communications, medical devices, software, e-commerce, chemical and agriscience.
Clients can count on us to precisely evaluate their patent rights – including infringement, validity and enforcement. When preparing and filing patent applications, McLane works hand-in-glove with inventors to acquire strong patent rights. Our patent law attorneys have extensive experience prosecuting patents. In fact, our senior patent attorney was a patent examiner for several years in the U.S. Patent Office.
Our firm's patent services cover a wide range of services including:
- Patentability assessment
- Patent and prior art searching
- Patent procurement in the U.S. and foreign countries
- Validity, infringement and enforceability assessments
- Reissue and reexamination applications
- Electronic filing capabilities
- Patent due diligence and portfolio assessments
- IP transfers, licensing and invention assignment agreements