Trademarks and brand management are vital to the success of businesses in today's global economy. When providing advice on matters affecting brands and related intellectual property rights, McLane attorneys are committed to thoroughly understanding our clients' goods and services, marketing strategies and technology. Our trademark clients include publicly traded companies, large privately held corporations, educational institutions, governmental agencies and a wide range of smaller and start-up companies in many different industries.
The Intellectual Property Practice Group is responsible for the registration and maintenance of several hundred trademark registrations in the United States and throughout the world. As a member of worldwide associations such as Terralex and the International Trademark Association, McLane assists clients in over 40 foreign countries with trademark protection and maintenance matters.
Our attorneys also prosecute and defend a variety of trademark infringement and unfair competition actions in state and federal courts, as well as opposition/cancellation proceedings with the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board. McLane also specializes in enforcing and defending trademark and trade dress rights of our clients.
Our trademark services include:
- Searching state, federal and foreign registers for clearance of marks
- Rendering opinions on ability to register and infringement
- Preparing and securing registration applications
- Maintenance filings
- Electronic filing capabilities
- Litigation and enforcement of rights
- Watch/protection service
- Transfer of rights/licensing
- Trademark/IP audit and portfolio building
- E-commerce and Internet issues
- Domain name arbitration proceedings