Tax Exempt Entities
Our tax attorneys help clients in forming and maintaining tax-exempt entities, as described below:
- Formation: Organization and filing of the documentation necessary to establish tax-exempt entities.
- IRS Exemption Submissions: Preparation and filing of documentation necessary to obtain tax-exempt status from the Internal Revenue Service.
- Planning to Avoid Problems: Avoiding or minimizing the effects of private foundation status, minimizing unrelated business income tax and assisting with internal audits.
- Audits: Advocacy at both the state and federal level when authorities raise questions as to tax-exempt status, assert unrelated business income or seek to impose private foundation penalties.
- Charitable Giving: Assisting with structuring a program of charitable giving to ensure the organization retains its charitable status and provides its donors with appropriate deductions/documentation.